Re: nfhd performance

Mikael Pettersson píše v Po 19. 08. 2013 v 16:29 +0200:
There are also other things in xhdi.cpp I don't really like, such as going through
stdio when raw Unix file-descriptors would do

I think I recall that we did that for portability of LARGE FILES (64bit
offsets) at that time (think 10 years ago, various linux distros, MS
Windows, Mac OS, BeOS, various BSD Unices...). Perhaps the situation is
better (file descriptors with 64bit offsets are more portable) now?

Anyway, I have just converted the XHDI to using raw Unix file
descriptors and guess what - there's NO measurable difference (at least
using the previously mentioned XFERRATE.TTP).

Unless someone has a good reason for committing the Unix file
descriptors I'll throw it away and return to good old stdio.

Petr