Re: build warnings

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 00:54, Michael Schmitz
<schmitzmic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In other news, SCSI on the Falcon is still broken - timeouts for SCSI
commands are started by the block layer, but commands cannot be
guaranteed to get queued in the lowlevel driver unless the lowlevel
driver has access to the SCSI DMA right away. Upon timeout, the
request isn't actually found on the lowlevel queue in case the queue
request had to wait. I'm unsure what the correct strategy is here:
defer queueing requests by pretending the driver is busy, or queue
requests and try to kick off the coroutine as soon as DMA gets
available?

I guess pretending the driver is busy?
The alternative means duplicating request queueing, which people will frown
upon.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

            Geert

             Â Â -- Linus Torvalds