Re: build warnings

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 03:48, Michael Schmitz
<schmitzmic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mmh - Geert's 2.6.37 does work just fine for me; I'll better get your
patches applied to a vanilla kernel and see how that differs from
2.6.37-m68k. vanilla plus the git branch m68k-queue _should_ just get
us to 2.6.37-m68k, right?

I applied all of m68k-queue and for-linus of that day (which is the
signal patchset for both m68ks and the rest of the queue) but on top
of a 2.6.37-1~experimental.1 Debian kernel.

for-linus is what I would have missed ...

for-linus is a always[*] subset of m68k-queue, so you can ignore it.

[*] Except if I feed extra stuff, like this time the m68knommu signal fixes.
    But those don't matter for m68k.

sometime. Not something the consumer electronics shops in Auckland CBD
stock, for some reason.

Heh well. Iâve had fun times buying an IDE drive with less than 1024
cylinders, floppies, and printer paper (not loose pages like copier
paper they use nowadays, no, real 21x30.48cm endless paper) too ;-)

Floppies is a dark chapter indeed. I salvage floppies wherever I find
them. Will see about the 1024 cylinder limit though.

Guys, what are you smoking?
I was pleasantly surprised when my Amiga detected a "540 MB" drive, as the
one I bought was advertised as a "524 MB" drive. Turned out due to MS-DOS
supporting only 1024 cylinders, while the Amiga saw 1057 ;-)
I have to admit I bought this drive in 1993, not yesterday.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

            Geert

             Â Â -- Linus Torvalds