Re: build warnings

Thorsten,

The reference to slab allocation in the above error message does ring
a bell - a colleague has panics that look kinda similar (Intel
hardware running virtual machines there). Does look like the kernel
can get out of memory without the proper plugs being pulled (my gut

Oh, ouch.

Might well be something different - upon closer inspection, the errors
look different at least.

feeling). I'll have to look into that some more. Maybe play with
memory or ST-RAM pool size in ARAnyM.

Well, I do have a large number of patches applied (all of Debian’s
and the entire m68k queue)…

Mmh - Geert's 2.6.37 does work just fine for me; I'll better get your
patches applied to a vanilla kernel and see how that differs from
2.6.37-m68k. vanilla plus the git branch m68k-queue _should_ just get
us to 2.6.37-m68k, right?

Can you send me a copy of that kernel image so I can give it a try on
my working ARAnyM config, Thorsten?

Sure: https://pfau.mirbsd.org/~tg/pub/vmlinux.gz

Thanks, I'll try that one. 2.6.37-m68k (built as a minimal config so
it will fit on a floppy) does run OK on the Falcon right now, though I
had a weird IDE kernel panic with 2.6.37-rc1-m68k the other day.
Floppy detection has been a bit shaky on that one, and SCSI must have
had some weird issues as well - could not mount one of the SCSI
partitions whatever I tried, it always reported the device busy.
2.6.37-m68k would open the partition fine.

(on the buildd chroot image test: had to discover the spare IDE disk I
used for tests has died; need to get a new one finally)

Ah okay. Good luck anyway…

Thanks - just a matter to drive out to a decent shop after work
sometime. Not something the consumer electronics shops in Auckland CBD
stock, for some reason.

Cheers,

  Michael