Re: PROBLEM: Changing speed on ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th trackpoint causes "failed to enable mouse"

Without my commit the trackpoint is identified to "generic PS/2 mouse",
some features like the scroll mode (middle button and trackpoint) can
not work.
And there is no speed in sysfs that can control the mouse speed.

With my commit, it includes trackpoint features like scroll mode.
But it failed to set speed in sysfs,
The real issue: the firmware of trackpoint is failed to responded the
commands of speed.
But user can use xinput/xorg/udev to set the speed correctly.

Reverting this patch will not make things better or work properly.
So I don't think it should be reverted.

Sorry for my poor English.

Thanks,
Aaron