Re: PROBLEM: Changing speed on ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th trackpoint causes "failed to enable mouse"

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 11:08:44PM +0800, Aaron Ma wrote:
> Greg, Please check my last e-mail.

Define "last" :)

> My patch will enable the synaptic trackpoint features like scroll mode
> with middle button and trackpoint stick.
>
> Even there is a firmware issue that it can not be set speed on sysfs.

What does that mean?

> But it is not driver issue.
> We can NOT to make wrong code than facing the real issue.

Again, I can not parse this, sorry.

If reverting a patch causes the device to work properly again, it needs
to be reverted, right?  Otherwise it is a regression, and we don't like
those at all.

thanks,

greg k-h