Re: STMicroelectronics accelerometers driver.

On 10/31/2012 04:40 PM, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/31/2012 03:27 PM, Denis CIOCCA wrote:
>> Hi Lars-Peter,
>>
>> I'm trying modified the driver to change the fullscale attribute and use
>> the in_accel_*_scale attribute.
>> My question is that:
>>
>> - the in_accel_*_scale attribute rappresent the conversion value from
>> raw data sensor to m/s2, if I use only this value, how can I know what
>> is the maximum full scale associated to the value?
>
> Unfortunately there is currently no way in IIO to specify minimum or maximum
> values for a given channel. But you are welcome to come up with one, I think
> this will be useful for other drivers as well.
My personal preference would be an additional (for now optional) callback
alongside read_raw and write_raw called something like available.  This would
be used by additional xxxxx_available attributes to describe the possible
values for info_mask element.  Exactly how to do this cleanly is a small
'implemention detail' which means this will probably be rather more
complex than this implies :)

Interdependent info_mask elements will be 'interesting' (say a scale
attribute for which the possible values change with the sampling frequency or
visa-versa).

I've been meaning to look at this for a while, but if anyone else fancies
giving it a go, feel free!