Re: STMicroelectronics accelerometers driver.

> There is no attachment attached to this mail.
my was a question. You prefer I attach all source code or the last modified?

>> I don't find IIO_G_TO_M_S_2 in the framework code, but I added this
>> macro in my source code. It is exatly?
>
> It's in the latest IIO tree and also in staging/staging-next. The definition is
>
> +#define IIO_DEGREE_TO_RAD(deg) (((deg) * 314159ULL + 9000000ULL) \
> 	/ 18000000ULL)

Sorry but I'm lost. The relation from IIO_DEGREE_TO_RAD and IIO_G_TO_M_S_2?

>>> I don't think you need the fullscale attribute. This is just the same as the
>>> scale attribute just in a different representation, as far as I can see.
>>>
>> I think this is more useful to user because if you want change the
>> fullscale you can see immediately the current fullscale without apply
>> conversion manually.
>>

> I understand your reasoning and I also think that changing the scale factor
> by entering the floating point lsb resolution is rather tedious and don't
> like this. On the other hand having two attributes for the same information
> and more importantly doing things different from every other driver in the
> IIO framework is kind of a no-go. So we have two possible solutions, both
> are far from optimal, but in my opinion the first one is the lesser of the
> two evils.
>
> And hopefully the user or end-user will not have to manually navigate sysfs
> but will rather use some nice abstraction which hides these details.
I check other drivers for that and then do cross-check with you.

>>> I still don't get why you need this. Can't you just power-up and down the
>>> device on demand?
>> The boot time is too different from one sensor to another, this
>> introduce much delay in the single read.
>
> Ok, fair enough. But what power-up times are we talking about exactly. In
> the order of ms or more in the order of up to seconds?
The power-up time depends by ODR and by device. For example in some
devices, you can lose the first 3-4 samples before it is ready, for most
application this is too big.

> Secondly we have similar attributes for other drivers, primarily DACs. But
> the attribute is called 'powerdown' instead of 'enable'. For consistency
> within the IIO framework it would be good if you could use that name (and
> its semantics) as well.
Ok this is not a problem.

>>> I still don't get why this has to be a pointer...
>> I don't understand if your point is use a pointer or use a variable or
>> it is not necessary.
>>

> A plain integer should be enough. But you could also get rid of it
> completely since it is only used in the probe and remove callbacks, by
> adding a parameter to these functions and pass client->irq from the I2C and
> SPI probe and remove functions
Ok the second one is very good solution.