Re: ICH8 ATA mode on 2.4

Bryan_Kemp@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Jeff,
Hi, my name is Bryan and I develop a small linux based OS used in manufacturing here at Dell. I have some new systems based on the ICH8

Neat!

Chipset that I need to support with the 2.4 kernel. I had noticed the 2820, 2825 and 2828 pci information is in the 2.6.17-rc4 kernel source. Are you planning on adding that support back to the 2.4 code base?

Unfortunately not. For the purposes of libata, and also for the 2.4.x kernel series in general, it is in strict maintenance mode, with only severe bug fixes being addressed.

If you, or others, wanted to backport the current libata to 2.4.x, you would certainly have my blessing. I just don't have time for 2.4.x at all, particularly as recent libata changes have made the backport more difficult than it was in the past.

	Jeff

-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in