Re: [decode-dimms] Crucial Ballistix BLS2K16G4D30AESB, cannot decode / understand timings

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 20:43:17 +0100, Dreamcat4 wrote:
> Awesome thanks!
> Just to reminder that of my system specs, i have this ASUS maximus ix
> apex (z270) motherboard, and both my ram kits, one a crucial ballistix
> (BLS2K16G4D30AESB), the other a g.skill trident-z (F4-3200C15-16GTZ),
> neither decoded with this motherboard.
>
> Well compiled it, tried just tried now, and with the trident-z kit,
> and decode-dimms.new (my download of the newer online version of this
> script), and works!

All credits go to Jarkko really. His tests made me see what was in
front of me since the beginning but just couldn't see. Or maybe it was
just too silly for me to imagine it was possible...

> Will need to reboot and double check for the Cruicial kit, which will
> be coming shortly, in my next message.
>
> Here is the output from the trident-z kit
>
> $ sudo ./decode-dimms.new

In the future I advise passing "--side-by-side --merge-cells"... Makes
the output easier to read.

> [...]
> # of bytes written to SDRAM EEPROM               384
> Total number of bytes in EEPROM                  512
> Fundamental Memory type                          DDR4 SDRAM
> SPD Revision                                     1.0
> Module Type                                      UDIMM
> EEPROM CRC of bytes 128-253                      OK (0xDF74)
>
> ---=== Memory Characteristics ===---
> Maximum module speed                             2132 MHz (PC4-17000)
> Size                                             16384 MB
> Banks x Rows x Columns x Bits                    16 x 16 x 10 x 64
> SDRAM Device Width                               8 bits
> Ranks                                            2
> Rank Mix                                         Symmetrical
> Primary Bus Width                                64 bits
> AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles)                           15-15-15-36
> Supported CAS Latencies                          16T, 15T, 14T, 13T,
> 12T, 11T, 10T
>
> ---=== Timings at Standard Speeds ===---
> AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-1866              13-13-13-31
> AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-1600              11-11-11-27
>
> ---=== Timing Parameters ===---
> Minimum Cycle Time (tCKmin)                      0.938 ns
> Maximum Cycle Time (tCKmax)                      1.500 ns
> Minimum CAS Latency Time (tAA)                   13.750 ns
> Minimum RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD)                  13.750 ns
> Minimum Row Precharge Delay (tRP)                13.750 ns
> Minimum Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS)         33.000 ns
> Minimum Active to Auto-Refresh Delay (tRC)       46.750 ns
> Minimum Recovery Delay (tRFC1)                   350.000 ns
> Minimum Recovery Delay (tRFC2)                   260.000 ns
> Minimum Recovery Delay (tRFC4)                   160.000 ns
> Minimum Four Activate Window Delay (tFAW)        21.000 ns
> Minimum Row Active to Row Active Delay (tRRD_S)  3.700 ns
> Minimum Row Active to Row Active Delay (tRRD_L)  5.300 ns
> Minimum CAS to CAS Delay (tCCD_L)                5.625 ns
>
> ---=== Other Information ===---
> Package Type                                     Monolithic
> Maximum Activate Count                           Unlimited
> Post Package Repair                              One row per bank group
> Soft PPR                                         Not Supported
> Module Nominal Voltage                           1.2 V
> Thermal Sensor                                   No
>
> ---=== Physical Characteristics ===---
> Module Height                                    32 mm
> Module Thickness                                 2 mm front, 2 mm back
> Module Reference Card                            B revision 1
>
> ---=== Manufacturer Data ===---
> Module Manufacturer                              G Skill Intl
> DRAM Manufacturer                                Samsung
> Part Number                                      F4-3200C15-16GTZ
>

> Number of SDRAM DIMMs detected and decoded: 2

Looks all pretty good :)

> [id:~] $
>

> A quick recap of what Jean has changed in the ee1004.c

This was only for testing... I'll post clean patches soon.

Thanks for testing so quickly, appreciated.

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support