Re: lifeview pci trio (saa7134) not working through diseqc anymore

En/na hermann pitton ha escrit:
> [...]
>> because i'm no a hardware expert at all.

>>> Two?  Two what -- DiSEqC switches, two cables to switches?
>>>
>>> Do you have a normal consumer satellite receiver, as well
>>> as your different computer boxes?
>>>

>> two diseqc switch to play with. lifeview is not working with any of them.
>>
>> i've got an engel tdt 5300 receiver, but diseqc never worked there.  I
>> bought it when i had only one dish. When then i set the second one, i
>> also fought to get diseqc working and i ended up trying the lifeview in
>> my computer, which worked in windows. I though that it might  be a
>> problem with engel's tunner, so i just let it go.
>>
>> i haven't tried now to make it work in the engel receiver... but if back
>> then didn't use to work....
>>

>>> I'm going to guess based on where I think you are located,
>>> that you have something like the following -- please correct
>>> me where I ass-u-me wrong, and add any additional info that
>>> is missing from this...
>>>
>>> Dish+LNB pointed at 28E, large enough to receive BBC/ITV/etc
>>> Dish+LNB pointed at 19E (or offset mounted on 28E dish)
>>> DiSEqC switch(es) located near dishes -- or near your tuner
>>> so you can connect directly from each LNB as a test?
>>> Single cable run from switch to computer, or two cable runs
>>> from two switches?
>>>
>>> LNB19E--
>>>         \               long cable run
>>>          2/1 DiSEqC----------------------------Computer
>>>         /
>>> LNB28E--
>>>

>> i've got 2 80cm satellite dishes, one for Astra 28.2E and the other one
>> for Astra 19.2E.
>> Then, from each dish i've got like 2-3 meters cable to where the
>> computer is.
>> Then, next to the computer "the two become one", hehe, through the
>> diseqc switch.
>>
>>  From diseqc i've got a cable, like 30cm long to the computer
>>
>> The diseqc switch is 2.0, like this one:
>>
>> http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/DiSEqC/DS21-DISEQC-SWITCH.jpg
>>

>>> You also mention DVB-T/radio from this card; if you could
>>> mention how that affects the above, if at all (it should
>>> not, but I never know for sure)
>>>

>> I don't think it affects in any way. The card has 3 different chips, or
>> so i think: one for radio, one for digital tv (terrestrial) and one for
>> satellite tv. In windows you install 3 different drivers. Actually,
>> windows see the card as 3 different cards, and you can "tune" the three
>> chips at the same time. for example, you can view satellite while
>> recording digital tv, which is great :)
>>

> The latter is not true, you can`t view/record DVB-S and DVB-T at once.
> That would need a second saa7131 PCI bridge you don't have.
>
> It is one tda8275a hybrid tuner, which in this case is only used for
> radio and analog TV, a second tda8275a hybrid tuner, which is only used
> for DVB-T on this card with tda10046 channel decoder and a single
> tda826x tuner for DVB-S with tda10086 channel decoder and isl6421 ...

sorry about that, as i said, I'm not a hardware expert, ii just though
this worked like that but I never used it this way, so...

>> In Linux this doesn't happen. Linux sees the card "as one", and you have
>> to keep  doing
>>
>> modprobe saa7134 use_frontend=0... =1..=2 to get one chip or another to
>> work.  Although it would be great to have all of them working at the
>> same time.. it's not a problem for me, as i actually never used this
>> feature in windows.
>>

>>> Also, if you have any spares (a pile of DiSEqC switches,
>>> other DVB-S capable cards, etc), it would be handy for me
>>> to know -- in the case of my 4/1 switches located more
>>> than 50m from my tuners, it was partially a case of
>>> swapping in other switches from my pile of them until
>>> finding a working combination, or running an additional
>>> several hundred metres of cable to permit me to switch
>>> the four positions close to the tuners...
>>>

>> i don't think there's any other helpful information to provide.
>>

> We need to go through the code in question, investigate Ubuntu
> downports, reread datasheets as far as available (!) and my first guess
> is your switch worked once with diseqc enabled on the tda10086, at least
> for low. On high with permanent tone from the isl6121 also enabled, I
> doubt it ever came through.
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

i don't know, this is too technical to me :'(
what I do know is that only for once, i got diseqc 2.0 with astra 19E
and 28E working in kaffeine.  Ever since that  moment I've tried to
reproduce  the scenario, but  i haven't got anymore, unfortunately.

I've contacted several ubuntu forums about the issue with the kernel,
but nobody seems to know how to fix it. I will keep getting this message

26.382391] saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_qbuf
[ 26.382468] saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol video_device_alloc

again and again....

i've search in this very list and found some users who have had the same
problem, but i haven't found anyone who got it working.
So... if anyone got it working, i would be very pleased to know, as
right now ubuntu is for me the best option.

Thanks.