Re: lifeview pci trio (saa7134) not working through diseqc anymore

En/na Jordi Molse ha escrit:
> En/na BOUWSMA Barry ha escrit:
>
>> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Jordi Moles Blanco wrote:
>>

>>> would you mind telling me what linux system are you working with? i'm
>>> desperate for this to work, i will change to any distro that makes
>>> diseqc work.
>>>

>> If you are willing to get your hands dirty with kernel
>> source and possibly a source-control system, then you
>> may be able to get a working system, without the need to
>> change distributions -- maybe.
>>
>> The drawback to the convenience of packaged distributions
>> is that they are frozen at a particular point in time,
>> which can lock you out of improvements.  That's one of
>> the tradeoffs for the convenience about not having to
>> worry about these things, which is great, when it works.
>>

>> The linux-dvb source should be self-contained for all
>> that you need to get your device working.  (But not
>> always...)  So, the easiest way would be for you to
>> build the linux-dvb source as modules against your
>> present kernel version, whatever that may be.
>>
>> This will also allow you to go back in time, should
>> your device fail to work with the latest source, and
>> help the developers to get the latest source to work
>> again.
>>

>> Anyway, you will need to update/download...
>> the sources for the kernel you are using
>> the latest linux-dvb source or tarball
>>
>> The latter can be found at
>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/archive/tip.tar.bz2
>> or, slightly larger,
>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/archive/tip.tar.gz
>>
>> This is the latest source; if you look around the
>> linuxtv.org site, you will also see a way to download
>> the entire history of the source which will help you
>> to try to see if my production 2.6.14-ish machine
>> can use the last useable release without problems.
>>

>> Are you comfortable working with the command line?
>> I hope so, because that's exclusively what I use.
>> When you've downloaded one of the above archives,
>> you'll need to extract it into a suitable playground,
>> perhaps like
>> % cd ~/
>> % mkdir src
>> % cd src
>> % tar z(or j or y)xvf ~/tip.tar.(whatever)
>> % cd (whatever-has-been-created)
>> % make
>>
>> This expects you to have downloaded the source for
>> your kernel as well -- if you're unsure of how to get
>> this, someone familiar with your distribution should
>> be able to help, if there isn't anything on the wiki
>> to give details of building this.
>>
>> If you don't have the proper kernel source, your attempt
>> to `make' will fail with lots of complaints.
>>
>> If you do have the source, it's also possible your
>> attempted `make' will fail, and probably someone here
>> or elsewhere can help fix what's needed (if the source
>> is not found where it is expected, for example)
>>

>> If all goes will, you will have the very latest kernel
>> modules that support your device, and can try them, to
>> see if they work, or if there are still problems.

> [...]

well... i did what i could....

the thing is that it seemed to work right until the end....

i extracted the files and run "make". everything worked fine. The
problem was that i didn't now how to "load" that new compiled module
instead of the "default one"

i mean.... if i run "modprobe saa7134"_dvb i'm accessing to the default
module that comes with the kernel. is that right? so... i didn't how to
load the new module.

what i did then was "make distclean"

and then i compiled with "make all"

and "make install" so that i could load the new module by just doing
"modproe saa7134_dvb". is this right?

well....

when loading i get this message:

********************
FATAL: Error inserting saa7134
(/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
WARNING: Error running install command for saa7134
FATAL: Error inserting saa7134_dvb
(/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134-dvb.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
*********************

and this is what dmesg says about it:

*********************
[  240.715593] saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol
v4l_compat_ioctl32
[  240.715604] saa7134: Unknown symbol v4l_compat_ioctl32
[  240.776343] saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol saa7134_tuner_callback
[  240.776410] saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol saa7134_ts_register
[  240.776643] saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol saa7134_set_gpio
[  240.776703] saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol saa7134_ts_qops
[  240.776845] saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol saa7134_i2c_call_clients
[  240.776983] saa7134_dvb: Unknown symbol saa7134_ts_unregister

right now, i'm running on kernel 2.6.24-19-generic

any idea how to fix this?

thanks.