Re: Technisat SkyStar2 rev 2.8 GPL driver now available

Am Mittwoch 10 Dezember 2008 23:06:21 schrieb Patrick Boettcher:
> Hi all,
>
> Finally and with pleasure, I can announce that I just released the last
> missing piece to add full GPL support to LinuxTV for the Technisat
> SkyStar2 rev2.8. The last missing piece in question was the driver for the
> CX24113 tuner. I just committed the source for that into my repository and
> will ask Mauro to pull it into the main soon.
> (http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pb/v4l-dvb/)
>
> Expect support for this card in 2.6.29 .
>
> happy using and best regards,
> Patrick.

Yeah, thanks to Patrick!

Here is the source code for the Technisat Skystar Revision 2.8 that you can
use until it will be part of kernel 2.6.29.

However there is one problem with that driver:

What you need to reproduce the problem:
- a channels.conf with FTA channels only
- the technisat card Revision 2.8 as the only card in your system
- xine or mplayer
- mtt and / or dvbrowse, which are essential parts of Gerd Knorr's xawtv-4.0
pre which you can download here: http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-
snapshots/xawtv-20081014-100645.tar.gz

You can reproduce the problem with the following procedure:
1. Either start mplayer dvb:// or xine dvb:// (the "master application")
2. Start mtt after successfully compiling xawtv-4.0 pre (the "slave
application")

Then please zap on / change channel using mplayer or xine.

Under normal conditions mtt should stop now and wait as "slave application"
for the "master application" to tune a new channel.
If that new channel has been tuned correctly mtt should continue and show the
new videotext.

But what happens instead is the following:
mtt stops and waits for the new channel, but for unknown reasons the new
channel is not being tuned.
The consequence are the typical timeout-based errors known from xine or
mplayer.
Zapping is only successful if mtt as videotext application is not involved at
all parallely.

Question:
Can someone please reproduce this problem / error?

Thanks

Please see outline attachment!