Re: lifeview pci trio (saa7134) not working through diseqc anymore

En/na BOUWSMA Barry ha escrit:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Jordi Moles Blanco wrote:
>

>> would you mind telling me what linux system are you working with? i'm
>> desperate for this to work, i will change to any distro that makes
>> diseqc work.
>>

> If you are willing to get your hands dirty with kernel
> source and possibly a source-control system, then you
> may be able to get a working system, without the need to
> change distributions -- maybe.
>
> The drawback to the convenience of packaged distributions
> is that they are frozen at a particular point in time,
> which can lock you out of improvements.  That's one of
> the tradeoffs for the convenience about not having to
> worry about these things, which is great, when it works.
>

> The linux-dvb source should be self-contained for all
> that you need to get your device working.  (But not
> always...)  So, the easiest way would be for you to
> build the linux-dvb source as modules against your
> present kernel version, whatever that may be.
>
> This will also allow you to go back in time, should
> your device fail to work with the latest source, and
> help the developers to get the latest source to work
> again.
>

> Anyway, you will need to update/download...
> the sources for the kernel you are using
> the latest linux-dvb source or tarball
>
> The latter can be found at
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/archive/tip.tar.bz2
> or, slightly larger,
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/archive/tip.tar.gz
>
> This is the latest source; if you look around the
> linuxtv.org site, you will also see a way to download
> the entire history of the source which will help you
> to try to see if my production 2.6.14-ish machine
> can use the last useable release without problems.
>

> Are you comfortable working with the command line?
> I hope so, because that's exclusively what I use.
> When you've downloaded one of the above archives,
> you'll need to extract it into a suitable playground,
> perhaps like
> % cd ~/
> % mkdir src
> % cd src
> % tar z(or j or y)xvf ~/tip.tar.(whatever)
> % cd (whatever-has-been-created)
> % make
>
> This expects you to have downloaded the source for
> your kernel as well -- if you're unsure of how to get
> this, someone familiar with your distribution should
> be able to help, if there isn't anything on the wiki
> to give details of building this.
>
> If you don't have the proper kernel source, your attempt
> to `make' will fail with lots of complaints.
>
> If you do have the source, it's also possible your
> attempted `make' will fail, and probably someone here
> or elsewhere can help fix what's needed (if the source
> is not found where it is expected, for example)
>

> If all goes will, you will have the very latest kernel
> modules that support your device, and can try them, to
> see if they work, or if there are still problems.
>

> barry bouwsma

hi,

thanks for all the information provided, it's great!!..

i'm not and experienced user, but i get along well with command shell,
and i'm able to run gcc and install thing form the scratch.

i'll give a try to see if i can compile and use those modules you suggest.

i'll report back with what i've found.

thanks.