Re: [ANNOUNCE] DVB API improvements

Hello Derek,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:12 AM, VDR User <user.vdr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Regardless of this api mess (which I accept either way), there are
> many people who are unhappy with Mauro Chehab as dvb maintainer and
> have been for some time.  I suspect more of this will become public
> since things have finally reached a point of enough-is-enough.

Perhaps your comments would carry more credibility if you would
provide your full name and the number of commits you have made to the
v4l-dvb codebase in the last year.

This is a open source developers list, which generally makes it a
meritocracy.  If Mauro were actually incompetent, I am quite confident
that the developers who are *actively committing code* would not stand
for it.  The reality is though that the people who work with him on a
regular basis are in most cases the same people who have backed the
S2API proposal.  It's not a coincidence that the same people that
supported the proposal are major contributors to the project.

Are there communication/personality issues?  Certainly.  However,
unless you are actively contributing code to the project, please leave
the developers to work through this issue without your help.

Thank you,

Devin Heitmueller

--
Devin J. Heitmueller