Re: [ANNOUNCE] DVB API improvements

Hello,

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:11:48 -0700
"VDR User" <user.vdr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
> <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On my own analysis, I also considered that S2API is better than
> > Multiproto, just like the group of developers at LPC.
>
> There have been repeated requests that you elaborate -in detail- about
> -why- s2api is "technically better".  You find the time to write long
> replies but completely ignore these legitimate requests.  If what you
> say is true and not just more misleading b.s. then you can easily
> clear the air and your name.  I think your refusal to do so says it
> all. You want to be maintainer but don't want to be held accountable
> for your actions and don't seem to think anyone deserves any kind of
> evidence or proof that justifies your actions.  You want everyone to
> just believe everything you say but the problem is you haven't proven
> to be trustworthy and people won't just simply take your word for it
> and ask no questions.

The linuxtv developers that were at LPC represent about 60% of the
number of patches for the core and device drivers that were committed
over the last year to the development tree. Are you really sure about
your above comment?

>   The same guy who has taken other peoples code,
> placed your copyright on it illegitimately, and presented it as a
> shiny new work for which you should be credited?  Get real.

You mean a forked and GPL code from linuxtv tree?

> This s2api/multiproto fiasco aside, you're incompetent as a maintainer
> and if there's a vote to have you removed and be replaced by someone
> who is truely unbiased, and has no special interests or self-agenda,
> I'd vote for it in a heartbeat.  Several others have expressed this
> same feeling as well.  Many good people have left or are leaving as a
> direct result of your mismanagement & abuses.  I think that says it
> all right there.  Trust me when I say you have zero credibility to
> speak of and have been more of a cancer to the community than a cure.

"VDR", if you are *really* interested in v4l/dvb stuffs why I don't see
you in plumbers conference to understand your point of view and
discuss which API is better?

So, could you give a break to all developers that are working
hard and stop your dirty game?

Cheers,
Douglas