Re: [ANNOUNCE] DVB API improvements

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On my own analysis, I also considered that S2API is better than
> Multiproto, just like the group of developers at LPC.

There have been repeated requests that you elaborate -in detail- about
-why- s2api is "technically better".  You find the time to write long
replies but completely ignore these legitimate requests.  If what you
say is true and not just more misleading b.s. then you can easily
clear the air and your name.  I think your refusal to do so says it
all.  You want to be maintainer but don't want to be held accountable
for your actions and don't seem to think anyone deserves any kind of
evidence or proof that justifies your actions.  You want everyone to
just believe everything you say but the problem is you haven't proven
to be trustworthy and people won't just simply take your word for it
and ask no questions.  The same guy who has taken other peoples code,
placed your copyright on it illegitimately, and presented it as a
shiny new work for which you should be credited?  Get real.

This s2api/multiproto fiasco aside, you're incompetent as a maintainer
and if there's a vote to have you removed and be replaced by someone
who is truely unbiased, and has no special interests or self-agenda,
I'd vote for it in a heartbeat.  Several others have expressed this
same feeling as well.  Many good people have left or are leaving as a
direct result of your mismanagement & abuses.  I think that says it
all right there.  Trust me when I say you have zero credibility to
speak of and have been more of a cancer to the community than a cure.

I agree with Linus that one of the biggest problems with dvb is
social.  When a CEO fails miserably and runs his company into the
ground, he is removed.  Maybe it's time to follow that example and put
in someone(s) who contribute to the solution rather then be a major
part of the problem.