Re: [ANNOUNCE] DVB API improvements

Hi Marcel,

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Marcel Siegert wrote:

> your mail - when i asked why multiproto doesn't get pulled - contained
> some small statements
> ---snippets---
> - I didn't have time yet to do carefully inspect the latest version of the
> multiproto. I suspect that nobody did it yet, since I didn't see any
> technical
> analysis of the current proposal.
>
> - I'll carefully review multiproto proposal during my trip, and compare it
> with the Stoth's proposal.
>
> - As I've already explained, merging today or after Plumbers won't make any
> practical difference. The upstream merge will only happen after 2.6.27 being
> released, due to the next kernel window for merging patches. This is a major
> change at API and claims for a carefully analysis.
> --snippets end---

I also said on another email that LinuxTV developers was discussing this
during LPC.

Good point to remind us what was said.

On my own analysis, I also considered that S2API is better than
Multiproto, just like the group of developers at LPC.

All the above happened as expected, including the merge of the winner
proposal after LPC.

I do believe that the taken decision is the better one, since my personal
view matched with the other developers view at the conf. It also matched
with most of the feedback received at the ML, where S2API had more acks
than Multiproto.

Cheers,
Mauro

PS.: This will likely be my last email about this subject. I have lots of
pending work requiring my attention.