Re: [v4l-dvb-maintainer] [Wanted] dvb-ttpci maintainer

hermann pitton wrote:
> Except of course a majority of plumbers at the same place at the same
> time can create/propose some facts.

IMO decisions must be made where the community is, i.e. on the mailing
list. Not at a conference, no matter whether it is at one end of the
world or on the dark side of the moon. ;-(

To make it absolutely clear:
I did not leave _because_ S2API was selected.
I left because it was done _this_way_.

Good for those, who are fine with these methods. I am not.

> If you attack people such hard as Manu did, also behind the visible
> lines sometimes, Marcel had a copy from me concerning Mauro and did say
> nothing, you must not wonder about people starting to defend themselves.

I consider flame wars ridiculous. I did not participate, and I will not
participate in the future.

I believe that I know very well what is going on. (During more than 30
years in software development I have seen all kinds of problems. I know
how people react and why things happen.)

> For sure the dirt was not started from v4l people.
>
> Think it over.

Unlikely. I made this decision after sleeping over it for a few days.
Now I feel much better.

Oliver