Re: Dposh DVB-T USB2.0 seems to not work properly

2008/6/24 Antti Palosaari <crope@xxxxxx>:
ma 23.6.2008 21:58 Andrew Websdale kirjoitti:
> 2008/6/19 Antti Palosaari <crope@xxxxxx>:
>>
>> Looks like small changes to m9206 driver is needed. MT2060 tuner needs

>> I've tried adding the mt2060 code - it compiles OK & does seem to be
>> nearly
>> right,the tuner is being recognised, but I think loading the module
>> causes
>> the I2c bit of the kernel to Oops - would an incorrect i2c address cause
>> this?
>>
> Here's my dmesg output:
> m920x_mt2060_tuner_attach
> BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
> 0000006c

because you have passed tuner i2c-address as parameter to the dvb_attach()

Sorry if I've made an obvious error, its the 1st time I've tried to change a driver, what should I be passing - is it "&adap->dev->i2c_adap"? I tried to find an example of mt2060 being attached, but I was barking up the wrong tree :). I don't want to waste your (or anyone elses) time, but I'd like to learn something about kernel drivers & maybe make some contribution if I can.
cheers Andrew