Re: Dposh DVB-T USB2.0 seems to not work properly

2008/6/19 Andrew Websdale <websdaleandrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

2008/6/19 Antti Palosaari <crope@xxxxxx>:

Looks like small changes to m9206 driver is needed. MT2060 tuner needs
IF1, i2c-address and output clock bit (0/1 if I remeber correctly..).
Those can be seen from windows sniffs or by guessing / testing. IF1 is
easy to set default one, 1220, wrong IF1 only decreases performance. If
there is eeprom used then value is normally read from there, otherwose
just set default. clock is easy to test. I don´t know how many i2c-address
are supported by chip, but most probably there is not too many. Hopefully
only 4. You can look from specs or from other drivers what i2c-addresses
are used for mt2060. I think it will take 2-10 test to find correct values
by trial and error method.

I've tried adding the mt2060 code - it compiles OK & does seem to be nearly right,the tuner is being recognised, but I think loading the module causes the I2c bit of the kernel to Oops - would an incorrect i2c address cause this?
When I get back from work I'll post my code changes & dmesg output if it helps
regards Andrew