Re: OT: Re: linuxtv.org fell in the blacklists trap

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 11:41:02AM +0100, Benny Amorsen wrote:

> Many "dynamic" addresses listed by by SORBS are in fact statically
> assigned. In SORBS-terminology, "dynamic" means "owner of address does
> not control reverse DNS for address".

This has more to do with that particular list's policy (and credibility)
than with the general principle that mail from truly dynamic pools is
going to heavily affect your SNR.

> Feel free to drop mail from SORBS-listed addresses. If I catch a
> company using SORBS for blacklisting, they get crossed off my list of
> suppliers. As far as I'm concerned, SORBS is blackmail, not blacklist.

If my server got listed for the reason above I'd rather put my efforts
in getting a decent reverse lookup, as this is likely to cause problems
well beyond a rejection by SORBS.

Cheers,
 David
--
 David Santinoli
 Tieffe Sistemi S.r.l.                      viale Piceno 21, Milano