Re: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital rev 1.4

'afternoon Damien, Michael, and all,

First up, thanks for your help with this...

Do, "modprobe cx88-dvb" ... Then you will see the second adapter.

That was too easy; Ifeel silly now :-)   I thought I had all the
modprobes sorted. Ah well, I do now :-)

I recommend an in-line amplifier.  That will help your signal problems.

I'm not sure that the problem lies here.  I have another myth box with
a pair of Avermedia 771 dvb cards. I get signal to the card via a
splitter (which drops the signal strength a bit) and that box works
perfectly; has done for nearly 12 months.  However, running the Dvico
card on the "new" box, taking the signal from the same antenna, the
quality is rubbish, even without the splitter present.

I get the feeling that I might have buggered up the config of a codec
or something. The CPU load goes to 80% or higher, with mythtv sucking
all the juice, when I just watch live TV. And I cannot change
channels, only watch the default (starting) channel.

Ages ago, I was unsure about the firmware; I have the correct firmware
now, but if I had downloaded the wrong file ages ago, could that have
damaged the card?  I dunno.

Damien, I'm unsure about the channel offset that you mentioned.  I
have scanned for channels with mythtvsetup, and have also used my
existing channels.conf file (from the Avermedia box).  Rubbish quality
in either case.

Well, any ideas are most welcome :-)

Thanks again,
 Tim.