DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital rev 1.4

'afternoon all,

Yes, I'm back on the list to show off my cluelessness some more!

An update on my saga.  I have moved to OpenSUSE 10.2 (sorry Mattias
:-) in an attempt to get my DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital rev
1.4  card working. The card is in fact recognised OOTB, but I could
not get it to work so I tried to follow Chris Pascoe's instructions
and downloaded, compiled and installed his code from the svn tree.

All seemed to go fine, with no errors.

Looking at dmesg, all seems fine too:

------------------------

usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
usb 1-2: new device found, idVendor=0fe9, idProduct=db51
usb 1-2: new device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-2: Product: Bluebird
usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Dvico
dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink MT352 DVB-T)...
input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input4
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB successfully initialized and connected.

------------------------

And lscpi seems to tally up:

------------------------
00:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video
and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
00:0b.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and
Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)
------------------------

I don't know what modules should be loaded for sure, but running
'lsmod|grep dvb' gives:
------------------------
dvb_usb_cxusb          42756  0
dvb_usb                43276  1 dvb_usb_cxusb
dvb_core              107824  1 dvb_usb
firmware_class         28288  1 dvb_usb
dvb_pll                33028  3 dvb_usb_cxusb,dvb_usb
usbcore               148576  6
usbhid,ov511,dvb_usb_cxusb,dvb_usb,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
i2c_core               41472  8
mt352,nvidia,dvb_usb,dvb_pll,cx88xx,i2c_algo_bit,tveeprom,i2c_viapro
-------------------------

However, the card doesn't work properly:

1) I see only a single card in YaST, which describes the card as a
FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital. Perhaps that is correct, but I'm unsure
if I should see one for each of the "dual" receivers.

2)  I can only receive a signal from the USB part of the card. ie: I
have only one input. MythTV and Kaffeine for example, can only see one
receiver. If I pull out the USB cable (connecting the card to a rear
USB port) I get no signal at all.

3) Tzap and mythtv all get a signal if the USB cable is in, but the
signal is rubbish, with heaps of break-up and stuttering. Kaffeine
cannot even tune a station at all!

So, once again, I'm lost, and hoping I can find some direction on the list.

Thanks again,
 Tim.