Re: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4

Michael Krufky wrote:

<snip>
DViCO has been very helpful in the development of the bluebird driver, but there
is nothing that we can ask DViCO to help us with in this case. The problem is in relation to the zl10353 demodulator driver, and they are not at liberty
to share any information of that ic.

Chris reverse-engineered the zl10353 driver.  If somebody can get a spec and try
to figure out what the Linux driver is lacking, that is the only way that we can
resolve this issue.

The device-specific code of the FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 driver is completely
correct -- this problem is specifically localized to AU, perhaps even just
Melbourne (although I have doubts about that).  We need somebody to analyze the
zl10353 behavior and take it from there.

I am quite sure that any other device with a zl10353 will produce the same
problematic behavior when used in this area.
<snip>

I have a FusionHDTV Dual Digital 2, with a Zarlink ZL10353 frontend that performs without problem (aside from an offset adjustment for some channels) in Melbourne AU. So, doesn't seem like we're on the right track. Can I provide you any data that might be helpful? As I posted earlier, I will have access to a v4 card shortly, so might be able to provide some more info then.

Regards,
Peter Fern