Re: Lifeview LR306 clone does not receive ch 7.

Hi,

Peter D. wrote:
On Friday 15 September 2006 06:16, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

Hi, Peter

Peter D. wrote:

Hi,

I have an MSI TV@nywhere A/D that mostly works when "saa7134
card=94" is in /etc/modprobe.preload.  One of the interesting
quirks is that it does not recognize digital channel 7.  (I think
that that is transmitted on physical channel 6.)  It can find and
display all of the other channels, digital and analogue, in the
local area (Melbourne Australia).  Signal strength should be O.K.
My other dvb-t card can receive all of the local channels,
including ch 7.

Any clues?

This can easily be a problem in your channels.conf file. There are
2 possible causes:
- some onf the conding parameters like FEC or GI are wrong. Some
channel decoder ignore them, the driver for the tda10046 does not.
- In some countries, the transmitters are +/- 167kHz off the center
frequencies. With the current driver, the tda10046 can't lock with
this offset,you need to correct the center frequency.

Good luck
   Hartmut

How do you determine what the correct center frequency is? Trial and error edits to /etc/dvb/channels.conf-dvbt-australia? Or do I just wait until the driver evolves to the standard of the driver for the Kworld with its cx8800?
Try and error or search for appropriate information.
I will change the locking algorithm some time. But this is a difficult
change and definitely not be there within few days.
BTW: since when is the kworld driver a standard?

Hartmut