Re: Lifeview LR306 clone does not receive ch 7.

On Friday 15 September 2006 06:16, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> Hi, Peter
>
> Peter D. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an MSI TV@nywhere A/D that mostly works when "saa7134
> > card=94" is in /etc/modprobe.preload.  One of the interesting
> > quirks is that it does not recognize digital channel 7.  (I think
> > that that is transmitted on physical channel 6.)  It can find and
> > display all of the other channels, digital and analogue, in the
> > local area (Melbourne Australia).  Signal strength should be O.K.
> >  My other dvb-t card can receive all of the local channels,
> > including ch 7.
> >
> > Any clues?
>
> This can easily be a problem in your channels.conf file. There are
> 2 possible causes:
> - some onf the conding parameters like FEC or GI are wrong. Some
> channel decoder ignore them, the driver for the tda10046 does not.
> - In some countries, the transmitters are +/- 167kHz off the center
> frequencies. With the current driver, the tda10046 can't lock with
> this offset,you need to correct the center frequency.
>
> Good luck
>     Hartmut

How do you determine what the correct center frequency is?
Trial and error edits to /etc/dvb/channels.conf-dvbt-australia?
Or do I just wait until the driver evolves to the standard
of the driver for the Kworld with its cx8800?

--
Peter D.
Sig goes here...