Re: DiB3000MC rewritten and MT2060 is ready to go into main

Hi,

matthieu castet wrote:
matthieu castet wrote:

castet.matthieu@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

Selon Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx>:

Might be a mistake: Do you say that when you convert the data from the old buffer to the new agc-structure it works better? Otherwise I don't see why
it changed.

I didn't try that yet. I wanted first to know your opinion on it.

I will try it this evening.

No it still doesn't help :(
As I don't have a datasheet nor a knowlege of the driver, I don't know what to try.

With your mt2060 dongle, don't you see a signal strength loose between old driver (with patched signal strength report) and new driver ?

Can't you attenuate your reception quality in order to check if you see the same behaviour ?

I found a bug in the mt2060, the VGAG wasn't set to a correct level.

Now I get the signal level from the old driver, but there still no picture...

The rate of the dvb stream reported by femon (from vdr is very low) : 0.5 Mb/s instead of 5 Mb/s.

Any news on that ?

The new driver is broken for me (no picture, no autosearch) while the old driver was working.

The new driver is now integrated in the hg repo, but it seems a big regression for configuration like mine (ok there weren't mt2060 support, but it could have been added without rewriting the driver). Shouldn't we have to wait a new driver with no regression before merging it ?

I hope it will be fixed before it hits linus git repo.

Matthieu