[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with DD enabled

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 05:54:26AM -0700, C.Y.M wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> >>There seems to be a problem with the current 261e firmware.  I have just updated
> >>the latest cvs drivers and loaded the new firmware.  VDR works, but when I try
> >>to play back a mpeg2 with the mplayer plugin, all I get is a black screen.  Did
> >>something change that would affect mpeg2 playback?  If i switch back to the
> >>previous firmware it works fine.  I can not even playback .vdr files with the
> >>mplayer plugin anymore (when using 261e).

Q: With MPA and/or AC3 and/or DTS and/or PCM used as audio stream?

> > Hm, I didn't test this, I only tested with vdr where the new FW works
> > very well for me.
> >

> I also noticed that the version of the firmware just before the version string
> was changed to 261e (around 05/05/26), caused problems with VDR being able to
> switch channels and start a recording while a mpeg was being played with the
> mplayer plugin.  While I was playing back a mpeg with the mplayer plugin and a
> timer would start at the same time, VDR would crash and I would get the
> following error:
>
> "ERROR: failed to set PIDs for channel XXX"

Strange, never seen that. Btw: What you mean with `just before',
does this point to 0x216d or to the very first public version
of 0x261e (http://www.suse.de/~werner/test_av-1.4.tar.bz2) or
to the current (http://www.suse.de/~werner/test_av.tar.bz2).

        Werner

--