[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with DD enabled

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 05:54:26AM -0700, C.Y.M wrote:
>
>>Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> Q: With MPA and/or AC3 and/or DTS and/or PCM used as audio stream?

I have "Use Dolby Digital = no" in VDR's settings.  The channels I am recording
do not have AC3/DTS. Also, the mpegs that I am trying to playback to not have
AC3/DTS.  I believe it is PCM only.

>>>Hm, I didn't test this, I only tested with vdr where the new FW works
>>>very well for me.
>>>

>>I also noticed that the version of the firmware just before the version string
>>was changed to 261e (around 05/05/26), caused problems with VDR being able to
>>switch channels and start a recording while a mpeg was being played with the
>>mplayer plugin.  While I was playing back a mpeg with the mplayer plugin and a
>>timer would start at the same time, VDR would crash and I would get the
>>following error:
>>
>>"ERROR: failed to set PIDs for channel XXX"
>

> Strange, never seen that. Btw: What you mean with `just before',
> does this point to 0x216d or to the very first public version
> of 0x261e (http://www.suse.de/~werner/test_av-1.4.tar.bz2) or
> to the current (http://www.suse.de/~werner/test_av.tar.bz2).

The version string of the firmware that broke the timers in vdr while a file was
being played with the mplayer plugin says 0x216d. File information:

"232568 2005-05-25 02:42 dvb-ttpci-01.fw"

Then I just downloaded a new copy of 0x216e from yesterday and the mplayer
plugin stopped working completely.

"233908 2005-06-10 03:00 dvb-ttpci-01.fw"

Best Regards,