[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with DD enabled

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 04:53:21AM -0700, C.Y.M wrote:
>
>>Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>>
>>>Patch is in CVS now. The 261e firmware will be released real soon now.
>>
>>There seems to be a problem with the current 261e firmware.  I have just updated
>>the latest cvs drivers and loaded the new firmware.  VDR works, but when I try
>>to play back a mpeg2 with the mplayer plugin, all I get is a black screen.  Did
>>something change that would affect mpeg2 playback?  If i switch back to the
>>previous firmware it works fine.  I can not even playback .vdr files with the
>>mplayer plugin anymore (when using 261e).
>

> Hm, I didn't test this, I only tested with vdr where the new FW works
> very well for me.

I also noticed that the version of the firmware just before the version string
was changed to 261e (around 05/05/26), caused problems with VDR being able to
switch channels and start a recording while a mpeg was being played with the
mplayer plugin.  While I was playing back a mpeg with the mplayer plugin and a
timer would start at the same time, VDR would crash and I would get the
following error:

"ERROR: failed to set PIDs for channel XXX"

Best Regards,