[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with DD enabled

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 02:01:37PM +0200, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
>
>>Here comes a new patch
>>- make sure ERESTARTSYS will always be propagated
>>- ReleaseBitmap: starting with Firmware 261e, also release when
>>  BMP_LOADING
>>- removes unused #define BMP_LOADINGS
>>- in many cases changed the return value from -1 to something more
>>  meaningful like ETIMEDOUT, EINVAL
>>- changed syslog message timeout waiting for COMMAND such that it
>>  indicates what command did not complete
>>- reduce # of arguments for LoadBitmap and BlitBitmap
>>- av7110_osd_cmd: remove the out: label
>

> Patch is in CVS now. The 261e firmware will be released real soon now.

There seems to be a problem with the current 261e firmware.  I have just updated
the latest cvs drivers and loaded the new firmware.  VDR works, but when I try
to play back a mpeg2 with the mplayer plugin, all I get is a black screen.  Did
something change that would affect mpeg2 playback?  If i switch back to the
previous firmware it works fine.  I can not even playback .vdr files with the
mplayer plugin anymore (when using 261e).

Best Regards,