[linux-dvb] Wiki is missing howto's

Got Linux (x86_64 for the AMD64) installed on a box,
and noticed that my VisionPlus SAT-CI looks a lot like
a Twinhan VP1030A.

Noticed that on boot, the bttv and bt878 drivers are
being loaded up, so they must be matching the appropriate
pci id's.

I also downloaded the dvb-apps and compiled them (1.1.0),
and fixed some warnings caused by using the 64-bit
compilation model (mostly related to %-format specifiers
in printf's).

So my question is...  the Wiki doesn't really take people
through the step-by-step process of making sure the right
modules are loaded, that they create the appropriate
device nodes (/dev/dvb/... or whatever), how to set up the
environment persistently (i.e. setenv FRONTEND ....), what
verifications to use to confirm sanity with the various
test scripts, or how to use viewers and utilities with the
working cards...

I'd be happy to read, test, and correct such a document if
anyone has the inclination to write it...

Thanks,

-Philip