[linux-dvb] flexcop stops generating interrupts.

Q-ha Park wrote:
> Ok, I have to admit that I haven't updated the kernel and the driver
> since I have to stick with 2.4.x kernels for some time and the latest
> cvs version won't compile with 2.4. I'll probably move to the newer
> versions (or backport the latest linuxdvb to 2.4), but I want to track
> down this problem to make sure the same problem won't occur again.
>
> Actually I have some interesting register dumps common to all boxes
> with the same problem.
>
> After the flexcop chipset stopped generating interrupts even with the
> good signal status, the register 0x20c (Status register : reading this
> register deasserts INTA) is read 0x00000100 (Data_receive_error). But
> shouldn't this register have been already cleared in the interrupt
> handler? Is this normal that this bit can be still set and the
> interrupt is not generated? All 8 boxes I tested resulted in the same
> register values on 0x20c. And reading this register didn't make the
> flexcop to generate interrupts again.
>
> Is there anything I could do to debug it further (in both s/w and h/w wise)?

The description of the Data_receive_error bit says that it is an error
in the frontend, but the frontend is completely reinitialized
when you close the device, wait dvb_shutdown_timeout seconds (default: 5),
and then reopen it. So more likely the error is in the TS-interface
of the Flexcop.

Can you check if register 0x214 (TS input config) changes between
the working/non-working state?

If that's not it, then we may need to reset the TS interface. I don't
know how, though, maybe we need to ask btti for help.

Johannes