[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan CI experimental support

Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Frederic CAND <frederic.cand@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>>I'm not sure I'll be of a great help since I'm not an expert but a
>>beginner ... but I have to make this twinhan card work so I'll do my
>>best to help ... keeping in mind that for me, the priority is to see
>>the card working, not earning 3 seconds at startup (even if it has
>>to change, though)
>

> BTW, from your signature and your e-mail address, I guess that you're
> doing an internship at Anevia [1]. Right ?
>
> If I'm right, could you please state the policy of Anevia regarding
> Open Source software and GPL software handling ?  And how Anevia will
> contribute back code if you modify it? (But be sure to ask your boss
> first)
>
> Cheers
>
> [1] http://www.anevia.com/index.en.php

Oops, I didn't get that post earlier.

You're right, I'm doing an internship at Anevia. We will use the same
policy we used earlier: as we modify code to fix bugs in drivers, we
send the matching patches in the mailing list. My predecessors did so,
and I already fixed a bug on KNC1 TV Station DVR; I sent my patch to
Gerd Knorr (official maintainer of v4l), who commited it in latest v4l
cvs snapshots. If we can contribute to the open source community, we will.
I hope this answers your question.
By the way, this answers Manu's question about why I use latest v4l cvs
snapshots: I needed so, for the KNC1 bug I had to fix. That's the only
reason. But I also think it's a good thing to test many combinations of
drivers.

--
CAND Frederic
EPITA GISTR 2005