[linux-dvb] /dev/video*

Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Frederic CAND <frederic.cand@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>>Well, that doesn't seem good at all ... the idea is just to find
>>anything that can control the CI module ... if I can just find a
>>software that can tell whether the CI module is inserted or not, and
>>descramble the program ... then I don't care using vdr, reading on
>>/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 will be fine as it's MPEG2 TS and it's what I
>>want ...
>

> CI support for Twinhan is a work in progress. The HW is completely
> different from other dvb card so current application will *not* work
> with the future high level CI API.
>
> Currently, the high level CI driver is still in experimental stage (in
> twinhan-exp CVS branch). According to the mails I've seen, kernel
> 2.6.11 will probably not work, you'd better stick with 2.6.10.
>
> I currently can de-scramble some TPS programs with:
> - kernel 2.6.9
> - CVS dvb around Feb 2005
> - Manu's files (dst.c, dst_ca.c ..) with some modifs
> - a hacked version of Manu's ca_zap (to send the ca_pmt messages to
>   the CAM)
> - SCM Red Viaccess CAM
>
> There are still a lot of issues to iron out. See [1] for details.
> Your help will be more than welcome to fix all these issues.  (The
> whole Twinhan driver team is currently Manu and I. That's all)
>
> Cheers
>

> [1] http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-March/001028.html

mmm that seems interesting; where can i find manu's ca_zap ? what about
your modifications ?  i have CAMs, a TPS card (HotBird) and CanalSat
(Astra) card so I could see which combinations work ... and try to make
other works ... I also noticed the dvb-bt8xx module init takes some time
(3 or 4 seconds), so maybe there's something to do with it...

--
CAND Frederic
EPITA GISTR 2005