[linux-dvb] /dev/video*

Frederic CAND <frederic.cand@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I need to know, how to use tvtime, xawtv, etc, with a dvb card ? my
> card is a twinhan dvb-s, and using dvb-kernel-cvs drivers do not seem
> to get things work, except i can read on /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
> (thanks to the "-r" option of szap) ... but /dev/dvb/adapter0/video0
> is unreadable (no such device), as for /dev/video*

AFAIK, twinhan card don't have mpeg2 decoder so you cannot extract
video data from /dev/dvb/adapter0/video0.

Your only choice is to application with software MPEG2 decoder like
mplayer. (FTA only)

If you want to use vdr, you'll have to set up softdevice plugin (or
may be xine plugin, but I have not tried this one).

> This could be useful, since vdr (video disk recorder) seems to use
> /dev/video* ... (I'm about to use it but if tvtime and xawtv could
> work first, that would be sooooooo great)

I can use vdr with my Twinhan clone card for FTA channels
only. De-scrambling does not work.

HTH