[linux-dvb] /dev/video*

Frederic CAND <frederic.cand@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Well, that doesn't seem good at all ... the idea is just to find
> anything that can control the CI module ... if I can just find a
> software that can tell whether the CI module is inserted or not, and
> descramble the program ... then I don't care using vdr, reading on
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 will be fine as it's MPEG2 TS and it's what I
> want ...

CI support for Twinhan is a work in progress. The HW is completely
different from other dvb card so current application will *not* work
with the future high level CI API.

Currently, the high level CI driver is still in experimental stage (in
twinhan-exp CVS branch). According to the mails I've seen, kernel
2.6.11 will probably not work, you'd better stick with 2.6.10.

I currently can de-scramble some TPS programs with:
- kernel 2.6.9
- CVS dvb around Feb 2005
- Manu's files (dst.c, dst_ca.c ..) with some modifs
- a hacked version of Manu's ca_zap (to send the ca_pmt messages to
  the CAM)
- SCM Red Viaccess CAM

There are still a lot of issues to iron out. See [1] for details.
Your help will be more than welcome to fix all these issues.  (The
whole Twinhan driver team is currently Manu and I. That's all)

Cheers

[1] http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-March/001028.html