Re: crypto: inside_secure - call for volunteers

Hello Pascal,

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 09:06:48PM +0000, Pascal Van Leeuwen wrote:
> > From: antoine.tenart@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:antoine.tenart@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> > - You added use of PCI helpers, but this new dependency wasn't described
> >   in Kconfig (leading to have build issues).
> >
> Ah OK, to be honest, I don't know a whole lot (or much of anything, actually)
> about Kconfig, so I just hacked it a bit to be able to select the driver :-)
> But it makes sense - the PCIE subsystem is obviously always present on an
> x86 PC, so I'm getting that for free. I guess some Marvell board configs
> don't include the PCIE stuff?

PCIE support is only a configuration option, so we could have
configurations not selecting it (for whatever reason). It's not entirely
linked to the hardware having a PCIe controller or not.

> I guess the best approach would to config out the PCIE code if the
> PCIE subsystem is not configured in (instead of adding the dependency).

That would be one option.

> > - Using an EIP197 and a MacchiatoBin many of the boot tests did not
> >   pass (but I haven't look into it).
> >
> Actually, if you use driver code from before yesterday with Herbert's
> crypto2.6 git tree, then the fuzzing tests would have failed.
> I originally developed directly against Linus' 5.1 tree, which apparently
> did not contain those fuzzing tests yet.

I think basic boot tests failed as well. But I'll run this again and let
you know :)

Antoine

--
Antoine Ténart, Bootlin