Re: Joe Philbrook, USA Xubuntu Karmic 2.6.31-21-generic

Joe,

The ALSA upgrade was only for your specific kernel.
So if an upgrade replaces your current kernel+modules, your ALSA
upgrade will be lost.
Also when a newer kernel+module is installed, your ALSA upgrade
procedure would have to be applied to it.

The DKMS upgrade system only affects drivers for which a DKMS enabled
source package has been installed.
There resources are written to  default folders /usr/src/Folder/
The status of DKMS installations on a System can be checked with:
# dkms status
or
# sudo dkms status

MarvS