Re: Joe Philbrook, USA Xubuntu Karmic 2.6.31-21-generic

For the gnu stubbs look for

libc6-dev-i386

package and install it.

For the other

<quote>
--> Modem initialized.
 --> Sending: ATDT7340102
 --> Waiting for carrier.
 ATDT7340102
 NO CARRIER
 --> No Carrier!  Trying again.
 --> Sending: ATDT7340102
 --> Waiting for carrier.
 ATDT7340102
 NO CARRIER
</quote>

Do you have "Carrier Check = no" in /etc/wvdial.conf?

When dialing out, would you also open another terminal shell and type

$ sudo tail -f /var/log/messages

to see how the initiatiation of the attempt to connect.

Regards,

Antonio