Re: snd-hda-intel problem Re: ANKUR,INDIA kernel 2.6.28-15-generic

Hi all,

this is 2nd time now i am online with dialup in ubuntu

but unlike with your above discussion, this time i have not touched
any sl-modem-daemon or something for connecting

i followed following steps
1) ifconfig
2) sudo ifconfig eth0 down
3) sudo ifconfig eth1 down
4) ifconfig - to check only lo is working
5) then, (this is still showing error ... but i do it without knowing reason)
ankur@ankur:~$ sudo slmodemd -c INDIA --alsa hw:0,6
error: alsa setup: cannot open playback device 'hw:0,6': Device or resource busy
error: cannot setup device `hw:0,6'
6) sudo wvdial

then after waiting for 1 min i get connected ...

but also find little issues ...
1) i do not know how to disconnect (i just closed terminal window ....
is it ok ??)

2) if i get disconnected in between, then doing sudo wvdial again is
not working ... also repeating the entire thing again is not working
neither logout & login again is working  ... for that i have to
restart the laptop ... then repeating entire 6 steps above is
conneting me to net.

3)Before this thing i tried with genome PPP ... I added the username
password etc everything to it but this is not working for me.

Ahmed -->
ankur@ankur:~$ cat /proc/version_signature
Ubuntu 2.6.28-15.49-generic

All others,
I will certainly do the diagnostics tests whatever you want ... but
just tell me the things to do in a dumbo's language ... i am really
new to linux & even by profession i am nowhere near to softwares ...
so i may not understand your language ... so something like this is
going above my head --->

" I understand from this that there is a problem with sl-modem-daemon
 package that comes with jaunty, and that you have used a package for
 somewhere else, may I know the problem with the sl-modem-daemon
 package that comes with Jaunty ?"

Regards,
Ankur Joshi