Re: 536ep Slow to respond, openSuSE 11.1

No luck, I'm afraid.
I put the modem in a PCI slot that was sharing IRQ only with the PATA
conroller. I then disabled the PATA controller in the BIOS, so the modem
 was the only device on that IRQ. No luck- it still responds slowly.

Regarding the 537 modem issue, the modem is from a Dell system, and is
marked 537EPG... which appears to be a variant of the 537 system-
perhaps the reason others are having problems with it.
For what it's worth, the chip says 'FA82537EP', '0448DGEA40', Intel '02
I can send photos of the board if necessary.
Best,
Bjorn.