Re: 536ep Slow to respond, openSuSE 11.1

Phillipe,

This makes me wonder about the ungrab-windmodem that is used in
smartlink modems.  Could users that are encountering this problem try
it out here and see if it helps them resolve this issue?

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/ungrab-winmodem-20080126.tar.gz

I have seen the serial driver try to claim the spot on PCTEL 789
Chipset, and of course it does grab it with smartlink modems, but the
ungrab-winmodem is designed for that.  In the pctel modem, it does not
affect a connection, I can still connect, but not under kernels >=
2.6.30, and thanks to your new driver I am using the Intel 536 modem
without any problems.

Just a thought, it might help here.

Regards,

Antonio