Re: 536ep Slow to respond, openSuSE 11.1

Okay, it does seem to be an IRQ conflict. After booting, lspci reports
the modem with IRQ 5 (by itself).
However, after the first use attempt, this changes to 18, which is
shared with 3 USB controllers and an SMBUS controller.
I'll try a different PCI slot tomorrow and report what happens- I've
already tried some kernel parameters, but it doesn't seem to have any
effect.
BTW Philippe, I can get access to a 537 modem - I can also test those
drivers for you.
Best,
Bjorn.