Re: @Marv & José R - Tracking down the 11c11040 problem on 2.6.25.5

RE: the v14 identifies the modem as a generic Si3054,
This was an initially guess, now corrected after LSI informed as
11c11040 it was not a Si3054 derivative.  There was considerable
effort on the snd-hda-intel maintainers part to support 11c11040 under
the snd-hda-intel drivers.  But the base Si3054 ALSA code simple lacks
components to support the LSI 11c11040 chip,
It does suffice for intiating a dialout, but it is never successfully concluded.
Thus 11c11040 was quite properly removed from the generic Si3054 list.

I have informed the ALSA snd-hda-intel maintainer of the recent agrsm
code packages.
Hopefully that may provide enough additional into to implement support
through snd-hda-intel + slmodemd, as several other of the generic
Si3054 modem family are supported.
But this cannot be relied on.

Alexei,
   What are the possibilites of evolving the agrsm code, as you have
done with the ltmodem/martian code, into an:
1) Open Source agrsm_dev driver suitable for 32 or 64 bit Systems;
2) A agrsm_modem containing the LSI precompiled 32 bit components

MarvS