@Marv & José R - Tracking down the 11c11040 problem on 2.6.25.5

Hello all,
I've been working on the 11c11040 driver on 2.6.25 again.
Some further proceedings: The no_stream error is likely caused by the fact that it is given the result of the snd_cards call. This snd_cards call does not match the version the module wants, which is probably the failure reason.

I've found the following:
agrmodem.ko needs snd_cards version 0xd4227f9c
whereas alsa 1.0.17-rc2 provides version 0xeaa3f440.

Anyone know which version of ALSA provides the needed snd_cards symbol?
Thanks!
Bjorn.

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Bjorn,

Thanks.
Note that you can lkely install earlier kernel+module sets and their
Linux-headers on your current system and do alternative booting and
compiling. My currently install kernels on a base Ubuntu Hardy
$ ls /boot/vm*
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.21.0-22
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.24-18-generic
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.24-19-generic
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-2-generic

In the Make if suffice to do the following replacement:
----------
# KERNEL_DIR = /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/
#KERNEL_DIR = /usr/src/linux-`uname -r | sed -e 's,\-default,,'`/
#KERNEL_DIR = /usr/src/linux-`uname -r | sed -e 's,\-.*,,'`/
# KERNEL_DIR1 = /usr/src/linux-`uname -r`/include
# KERNEL_DIR2 = /usr/src/linux-`uname -r | sed -e 's,\-.*,,'`/include
# KERNEL_DIR5 = /usr/src/linux-`uname -r | sed -e
's,\-.*,,'`/include/asm/mach-default
# KERNEL_DIR3 = /usr/src/linux-`uname -r | sed -e 's,\..*,,'`.`uname
-r | sed -e 's,[^\.]*\.,,' -e 's,\..*,,'`/include
# KERNEL_DIR4 = /usr/src/linux-`uname -r | sed -e 's,\-.*,,'`.SuSE/include

KRELEASE = $(shell uname -r)
ifndef  KERNEL_DIR
# KBUILD_DIR = $(KERNEL_DIR)
# else
KERNEL_DIR = /lib/modules/$(KRELEASE)/build
endif
MSRC_DIR = $(shell pwd)
and then for cross compiling use syntax like:
$ make module KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux-headers-Version

MarvS