Re: multipath algorithm

William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
From memory the reasoning for not including had nothing to do with
issues like that. I believe it was more of a demand vs benefit thing. If
everything everyone wanted or used went into the kernel it would be
huge, slow, and etc.

So unless there is a very large demand for things, allot will never be
included. Very possible Julian's patches and work falls into that
category. Since in my experience, I have come across little to nobody
who has done multipath stuff with the Linux kernel. Or multiple ISP's on
box etc. However it's quite popular globally, and I would think anyone
in the small to medium size business or network would be interested.

Still shocked its still not more popular. However allot tend to look for
off the shelf solutions they can write a check for :) The ones that work
are $. The others are limited solutions. Granted the Linux kernel route
is not an elegant one. Since it's crude load balancing and failover and
etc.

Hi,

Just wanted to mention that your discussion got me really interested. And I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in this feature with the latest linux kernels.

I'm not a developer and don't have enough knowledge in C to tinker with the kernel. But as system admin I would gladly help with testing and experimenting.

Please keep the discussion and development, if any, on the lartc list. No reply to this mail required.

Thanks,
	Alex