Re: Load Balance Outbound AND Inbound Internet Traffic to one location over multiple links

Thanks again for the response, Andy.
I've done a tremendous amount of research, and set-up to test the
multi-link ppp, and I still have not been successful in my search.
The problem i've found out from working with ppp, and pppoe, is that I
can only create a ppp connection between two devices on the same
broadcast network. I.E. two devices connected by some kind of bridged
ethernet.
This wouldnt be an option for me, because the DSL connections to the
client make it to the ISP over an ATM line, directly to a router. The
router plugs in to a layer-2 switch, which then our server plugs in
to.
I would need to create maybe a GRE tunnel from the client to the
server, so that the pppoe client requests would make it to the server,
to then create the ppp connection.

And that's just to get the one connection going, i'd like to be able
to multilink multiple connections.

If there were some way to multilink gre (or IPIP) tunnels, to get
combined bandwith on single connections, that would be ideal. But I
have not found any solutions along those lines.
My next attempts will be multilink pppoe tunnels over gre tunnels, and
I'm also researching what BSD has to offer in that arena.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
-Joe Comeaux