Re: Load Balance Outbound AND Inbound Internet Traffic to one location over multiple links

Joe Nuts wrote:
I've read through the nano documentation, and it says that it wont
handle scenarios where the main traffic is input. Also, I've read
through the linuxvirtualserver documentation, and i dont think that
applies to me either, as that set up intercepts traffic and
manipulates the final destination IP and port for the traffic.
What I would like to do is 1) from the ISP standpoint, deliver traffic for a given public IP
network to a client over multiple (load balanced) links. I have a
linux router on site that receives traffic for this network, but i
dont know how to encapsulate / balance the traffic so it gets to the
client site.

2) from the client standpoint, receive traffic for that given public
IP network, deliver it accordingly to computers, and also, send out
traffic from the computers on it's network with the correct public IP
source address.
it's actually a lot like the
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/VS-IPTunneling.html diagram, but
instead of the "server" sending / manipulating packets to go to three
destinations, it's taking a complete (sub)network of 16 or so IP's and
sending them directly to one computer.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Thanks
-Joe Comeaux

If you have boxes at both ends of the links then you could use multilink ppp. Maybe I don't understand the setup properly.

Andy.